Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health
Ministry of Labour Ordinance No. 32 of September 30, 1972
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Ordinance No. 47 of March 30, 2007
Part I General Rules
Chapter VI Measures for Maintaining and Promoting Workers’ Health
Section 3 Prohibition of Employment of the Sick
- (1) The employer shall prohibit a person who falls under any of the following each item from engaging in work. However, this shall not apply to a person who listed in item (i) in the case where infectious disease preventive measures were taken:
- (i) A person who has contracted an infectious disease, which is liable to communicate infectious agents to other person.
- (ii) A person who is suffering from such diseases as a heart disease, kidney disease or a lung disease which are anticipated to worsen the person's physical condition as a result of employment in work.
- (iii) A person who suffers from similar diseases to the diseases set forth in the preceding each item provided by the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare.
- (2) The employer shall obtain in advance opinions of an industrial physician or other medical specialists, when intending to prohibit a person from engaging in work pursuant to the provision of the preceding paragraph
[an error occurred while processing this directive]