Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health
Ministry of Labour Ordinance No. 32 of September 30, 1972
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Ordinance No. 47 of March 30, 2007
Part I General Rules
Chapter III Regulations Concerning Machines, etc., Dangerous and Harmful Substances
Section 1 Regulations Concerning Machines, etc.
Article 25 (Protective Measures for Projecting Parts, etc., of Moving Parts)
- (1) The protective measures prescribed by the Ordinance of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare set forth in Article 43 of the Act shall be as follows:
- (i) To make projecting part of moving parts a sunk-head type, or to provide a cover;
- (ii) To provide a cover or an enclosure for a power transmission or speed control sections.
Article 26 (Gas Masks Subject to Fulfill Construction Codes)
- (1) Gas masks prescribed by the Ordinance of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare set forth in paragraph (5) of Article 13 of the Order shall be as follows:
- (i) Gas masks for carbon monoxide;
- (ii) Gas masks for ammonium;
- (iii) Gas masks for sulfurous acid gas.
Article 27 (Use of Machines, etc., Comply with Construction Codes)
(1) The employer shall, as regards the machines, etc., listed in Appended Table 2 of the Act and machines, etc., listed in each item of paragraph (3) of Article 13 of the Order, not use the said machines, etc., unless they fulfill the construction code or safety devices provided by the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare set forth in Article 42 of the Act.
Article 27-2 (Matters Subject to Notification)
- (1) The matters prescribed by the Ordinance of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare set forth in Article 43-2 of the Act shall be as follows:
- (i) Matters relating to the identification of the machines, etc., to be notified;
- (ii) Facts that machines, etc., fall under any of each item of Article 43-2 of the Act.
Article 28 (Effective Maintenance of Safety Devices, etc.)
- (1) The employer shall carry out the checkup and maintenance for a safety device, a cover, an enclosure, etc., provided pursuant to the Act and Ordinances based on the Act (hereinafter referred to as “safety device, etc.”) so that they may be used in effective conditions.
- (1) A worker shall, as regards the safety device, etc., observe the following matters:
- (i) Not to remove the safety device, etc., nor to lose their function;
- (ii) When it is necessary to temporarily remove the safety device, etc., or to lose their function, to obtain in advance the permission by the employer ;
- (iii) When having removed the safety device, etc., or lost their functions by obtaining the permission of the preceding item, and after such necessity is over, to immediately restored to its original condition ;
- (iv) When having found that safety device, etc., have been removed or been losttheir functions, to immediately report the facts to the employer.
- (2) The employer shall promptly take appropriate measures when the report pursuant to the provision of item (iv) of the preceding paragraph has been made.
Article 29-2 (Publication of Self-inspection Guideline)