Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health
Ministry of Labour Ordinance No. 32 of September 30, 1972
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Ordinance No. 47 of March 30, 2007
Part I General Rules
Chapter II Organization for Safety and Health Management
Section 3-2 Safety and Health Promoter and Health Promoter
Article 12-2 (Workplace Subject to Appoint Safety and Health Promoter, etc.)
- (1) The workplaces of scale prescribed by the Ordinance of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfareset forth in paragraph (2) of Article 12-2 of the Act shall be those regularly employing 10 or more but not more than 50 workers.
Article 12-3 (Appointment of Safety and Health Promoter, etc.)
- (1) The appointment of the safety and health promoter or the health promoter (hereinafter referred to as “safety and health promoter, etc.”) pursuant to the provision of Article 12-2 of the Act shall be made, from among those who are deemed to have the ability to take charge of the works set forth in each item of paragraph (1) of Article 10 of the Act (for the health promoter, limited to the works pertaining to industrial health), prescribed as follows:
- (i) To appoint within 14 days from the day the appointment becomes necessary.
- (ii) To appoint a person who is exclusively assigned to the workplace as a safety and health promoter. However,this shall not apply to where the said safety and health promoter is to be appointed from among the industrial safety consultants, industrial health consultants or others who are provided by the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare.
Article 12-4 (Dissemination of Names of Safety and Health Promoter, etc.)
- (1) The employer shall, when having appointed the safety and health promoter, etc., make the name of the said safety and health promoter, etc., known to the workers concerned by posting their names at a readily visible location in the workshop, etc.